Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

When I close my eyes

When my eyes close, I see many things I see what my future brings...'mystery'.. When my eyes close, I feel many things Sometimes the pain of heartbreak....'regrets'.. Other times enlightenment......'full of energy'.. When my eyes close, I imagine I imagine what was, would could, what is, what can be...'interpretations' When my eyes close, colors appear They take over in my mind for what seems like years....'imaginations' When my eyes open, dreams awake...'decisions'  And it’s the start to another day When my eyes close, I breathe out every dysfunctional, disturbing thought Remembering to let go of the dreamer that so often gets lost.........it is out of my control!!

Now!!

If in a single moment you find yourself happy, truly happy, pause. Take note of that moment, find what made you happy and commit it to memory. Remember that feeling of being lighter than you were 5 minutes ago, where your heart is soaring, and anything is possible.This is life, right now. It’s beauty, love, lost love, denial, acceptance, darkness, rekindled fire, and alas, a loss of life through a loss of love, decorated with numerous metaphors and allegory, which is simply beautiful. Perfection. Mistakes. Ideas. Dreams. So many new avenues. carpe diem!

MUSIC SHOULD BE FROM HEART

I really appreciate honest music. And, that comes from how the music is portrayed and how it is projected by the musician. It’s not necessary to be 100% technically accurate (even though it’s a big plus)— it’s important to have substance and to let the audience know that the music is truly being played from the heart and through genuine feelings. It can sound perfectly in tune and rhythmically accurate, but if it has ‘nothing’ beneath all of that flashiness… I just don’t appreciate it. Of course, all of this requires practice, and with practice comes the technical and the musical ability.